If you do not want to use the firmware installed by FarmBot OS, you can still install custom firmware using one of the methods below.
- Power down FarmBot.
- Remove the microSD card and insert it into your computer.
- Copy your
custom.hexfirmware file to the drive that shows up.
- Eject the microSD card and put it back into FarmBot.
- Power back on.
- FarmBot will use the custom firmware until the file is deleted.
- Download and install the Arduino IDE onto your computer.
- Download and unzip the latest FarmBot Arduino Firmware.
- In the firmware folder you just unzipped, go to the src sub-folder and open up src with the Arduino IDE. Note: this file is blank, but there are many other file tabs that should be automatically opened as well.
- Connect your Arduino to your computer with a USB cable.
- From the IDE, click Tools > Board, and then select
Arduino Mega 2560.
- Now click File > Upload. This will flash the firmware onto your Arduino.